The most money I've ever spent.



See that? It is a nice little slice of land that my husband and I can call our own. Handing over the down payment for this piece of earth and the house to be built upon it was both sickening and exhilarating all at the same time! While I was away these last few months, the daisies have gone away and the beginnings of our first house have popped up in their place. I present to you, the largest purchase I've ever made. Ta da!

We searched real estate listings and toured many, many existing homes for the better part of our first year as newlyweds, and just couldn't find "the one." While we have the interest, we have little time to do any major renovations. When it came down to it, we were able to build a new house with most of the features that we liked for less than it would have cost to purchase an existing home that needed renovations done. Kitchens and bathrooms are expensive, and J isn't much of a handy man (he's had limited opportunities as a renter to be fair). I'd rather spend the money on furniture and other things to make the house more "us" a lot sooner. After years of renting, we are worn out of the hand me downs and mismatched hodge-podge of stuff that we have carried with us from apartment to apartment. In a little under three months, this house will become our home! I'll be posting more as the house gets more fun to look at and will want you all to weigh in on some decor choices and suggestions!

If you have any favorite decor blogs, furniture/decor shopping links, etc. please post them below or shoot me an e-mail. I am soaking up all the inspiration I can handle.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The house looks great- so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! :) New homes are so exciting! We're 2.5 years in and we're still decorating like it's new!

    ReplyDelete