Super Bowl Monday

The day after the Super Bowl. The Monday when I know that everyone is just as tired as I am. Up late watching the game, and feeling the need to detox and eat light for a week. What a game it turned out to be! I am very happy for the Saints, and their fans. I have a soft spot in my heart for N'awlins. It is hard to visit that city without taking a piece of it home with you forever. I can only imagine the scene in the French Quarter this week! I've witnessed the Mardi Gras festivities in person, and can only imagine it now that they have a huge victory to celebrate! I was rooting for the Saints to win and was never nervous that they wouldn't. As a Steelers fan, I know that the black and gold always pull ahead in the end!

So, let's talk commercials. A few good ones, but in general I wasn't as impressed this year. I loved the McDonald's commercial with, LeBron James, Dwight Howard and Larry Bird- reminded me of the commercial that ran when I was a kid. J and I laughed out loud at this Dodge Charger commercial because it is so true, particularly the comment at 0:36 since J spent the morning heckling me about my Twilight obsession (Hi Edward! Love you! Call me!):



The Snickers commercial with Betty White got a laugh out of me. The Doritos commercial with the funeral was a little outrageous. Monster.com's fiddling beaver was a little too silly for me, and I like some of the other E*Trade commercials from years past a little better: this and this. "Frank it was on the cart path. Why don't you try reading the rules Shankopotamus." The Budweiser Clydesdale commercial was great as usual; I always love those. The donkey version from a few years ago was so cute! The one that I really loved was Google's ad here:


So clever and I love the sap, of course. Did I miss any good ads? What were your favorite and "not so much" ads?

Oh, and let's not overlook the fact that "Jersey Shore" was on all day yesterday too. Recognize.

2 comments:

  1. Shankapotamus... that still ranks as one of my favorite commercials! I liked the Doritos one in the beginning with the little kid threatening his Mom's date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a cute one too! I forgot about that.

    ReplyDelete