Cause ya gotta have Faith!

When I was a kid, I really liked listening to music. I didn't have too many of my own records or even tapes as I got a little older, so I would get my fix at my grandma's house. My aunt who lives with my grandma had an awesome collection of 80's/90's music- Michael Jackson, Bon Jovi, George Michael, etc. I vividly recall being in my aunt's room, putting some tapes into the boombox, and singing and dancing my heart out to "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go." Happy times.

My husband's best friend, the best man from our wedding is a HUGE George Michael fan. Seriously. Member of the GM Fan club and everything. He called to tell us about a special one time George Michael: Live in London theater event that was playing across the country last night. The show last night was footage from the last stop on GM's 25 Live tour in London. We got to see it on the big screen at a tiny little theater just minutes from our house that was recently restored. Here is the trailer.



All I have to say is, George has still got it! It was a great show in the theater, and reminded me of how great he was in person. J and I went with best man and his wife to see George in Philly when his 25 Live tour came to the states. It was off the hook- seriously one of the top 5 concerts I have been to in my life. George Michael has some very loyal fans and the crowd was great. There were moments when it felt like a gay dance club in that arena and I loved every minute it! Everyone danced their asses off and it was such a happy crowd with tons of energy! He did lots of old favorites and some newer stuff too. "Faith," "Father Figure," "Amazing," etc. I was on such a concert high for days after that show, and it all came back to me last night. Even though it wasn't an actual live concert, people danced in their seats, sang at the top of their lungs, clapped, etc. It was so much fun! I realized after we got home that the last two movies I saw were concert-type movies- GM's "Live in London" and Michael Jackson's "This is It." I felt the urge to sing and dance during "This is It" but held myself back- last night we made up for it. Good times. I heart you George. The DVD release of this show comes out Tuesday and is GM's first live footage to ever be released on video. I highly recommend you check it out if you're even a little bit of a fan- so much fun!

Cause you gotta have faith-a, faith-a, FAITH-A! Baby!...

What about you? Any music from childhood that still really gets you going?

No comments:

Post a Comment