Warm and Fuzzy Fridays

Friday. The last day of my work week. Ahhh...

I always feel inspired on Fridays with a whole weekend stretched out before me. I am feeling particularly inspired and happy today about one particular thing on my 101 in 1001 list. I am not wild about my day job, you see. Especially in today's economy where it is likely that I'll have to tell someone that I work with and respect that they've lost their job. I come in here most days wondering how much longer I am going to have to be at this job, at this company, or even in this career. Today is not about the negative, however. It is about the happy things. The inspiring things. So, starting today I am going to blog about something inspirational on Fridays.

Today's topic: blogging. Last year, while planning my wedding I got into the blogging scene. I signed up for a google e-mail account, and slowly added some blogs to my reader. I now have more blogs on it than I care to admit and may be slightly obsessed... Funny thing about blogs - I seem to get more inspiration from what I'm reading than I am finding in my everyday life. I am pretty sure that some of my blogging "friends" are more interesting than my real life friends. I even started this blog and this list as a result of the inspiration I got from some of my favorite reads. Many of the blogs I read are authored by some highly creative women that have made a business out of blogging or blog about some small business they have recently started. Reading about their stories and day-to-day adventures has caused the wheels in my head to start turning. What if I started my own business? What if I actually got to do something every day that I love? What if I could make money doing it and eventually make enough to call it a career? I've been thinking about it long enough to know that I will never be happy working for anyone other than myself. I also need a way to use the skills that make me feel alive and happy, because life is too short not to feel that way. I've been fortunate enough to find some great resources and I think I finally have the confidence to go for it. So here marks my journey toward #25 . And I have many of you to thank for it.

1 comment:

  1. That's brilliant! Congrats first on your (relatively new) blog, and secondly on the courage to consider launching a new enterprise!

    I, too, am the type who would never be truly happy in another's employ. Maybe that's because I'm lazy, stubborn, and overly sensitive? Ha.

    Anyway, I look forward to hearing more about your new project. And thanks for the very kind words over at my own blog. I truly appreciate it. =)

    ReplyDelete