# 41

#41 is the song title of one of my all time favorite musicians, Dave Matthews Band, but it also happens to refer to my 101 in 1001 list. #41 is just a jump start to get me to achieve #48 on the list, but will not be easy for me. I can be really lazy, you see. Some recent health issues have really caused me to buckle down and really make an attempt at weight loss. This time it is truly about my health and not just because I want to look great in my spring and summer wardrobe. I started a new eating plan last week and am now on day 10. I am down about 3.5 lbs., but have not exercised once in those 10 days. L.A.Z.Y. I am in serious need of some motivation. Lack of exercise is likely part of what caused my health issues in the first place. So, in an attempt to tackle #41, I am going to do two things:
1- Get moving every day. I really have no excuse not to do at least 10 minutes of physical activity each day. I have a full collection of workout DVDs collecting dust - Wii Fit complete with Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 2009 (which I got for Christmas and is still in the shrink wrap), 30 Day Shred (which is awesome if I could only get with it!), Billy Blank's Tae Bo with amplifier, Power 90, Winsor Pilates, a whole series of Crunch Fitness videos, etc. I get bored very easily and need a variety or I will never stick with the workouts. Time to pop these babies in and press play.

2- Convince my husband that I really need to spend a little cash on this. He bought me this cute little bike (below) for my 30th birthday last August, but I didn't get to use it too much before winter came. Time to dust it off and accessorize it, don't you think?
Image found here.

I am holding myself accountable and putting this goal out here for my readers to see (all four of you). :) Hopefully, I can get movin' and get slim.

What about you? What do you do to get yourself moving? Any tips you can give me to get started on my mission?

1 comment:

  1. I have officially started my list. It's hard! I'm only up to number 18!
    BTW, when did you get a car? What kind did you get? Exciting!

    ReplyDelete