The Love Boat


See this boat? I LOVE it. Let me explain. First, it is important that you understand that my all time favorite band is the Dave Matthews Band. No contest. I have been a fan for many, many years and have seen them at least fifty times in concert. If my wallet and vacation time would allow that number would be higher. Over a month ago, I saw a notice in some e-mail from the band about a contest they were having. This one:


About 30 lucky DMB fans would win round trip airfare and a four day cruise to the Bahamas. The cruise ship will dock at an island where Dave Matthews Band will perform an ultra-private show for the winners of the contest. As you can imagine, I played some "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" style fast finger and clicked on the contest entry link saying a quick prayer that I would get picked as a winner.


Fast forward to yesterday. I open up my inbox to see the most glorious e-mail I've ever received. Here is the first line:

"Congratulations! You have been selected as the winner of the Big Warehouse DMB Cruise Giveaway Sweepstakes! "


Is there anything more to say than "I die?" Me:DMB cruise as Charlie Bucket:Golden ticket. I am Bahamas bound, my friends. Life is good. Check back early November for full details- praying that I finally get to meet the man behind the mic. What a dream come true...

1 comment:

  1. Sooooooo excited for you! It couldn't have happened to a more deserving fan!

    ReplyDelete