About Me

One of my favorite blog reads, Rockstar Diaries, has recently been posting "10 things that make me happy" series. This prompted me to start my own list of "happys." I started this blog after being inspired by the (embarrassing number of, to which I subscribe in my new obsession a.k.a. Google Reader) blogs that I do spend my time reading as a place to keep my thoughts, inspirational findings, and general ramblings. Somewhere along the way, I attracted a few readers. WOO HOO! (Thanks to all five of you). For those of you that I have not "met, " allow me to share a little bit about myself in the form of what I love (aside from all of you, of course).

What I love:
  • 90’s music
  • fall hayrides
  • a good book that makes me sigh and look at the cover when I'm done reading it
  • cuddling up on the couch with a warm blanket (no I do not own a Snuggie)
  • buying cute and colorful office supplies
  • caramel macchiatos
  • the zoo (it's all happening there)
  • Brady Bunch reruns
  • Irish festivals and the Highland games
  • hoodie weather
  • Beverly Hills 90210
  • Harry Potter
  • chocolate, peanut butter, and both mixed together
  • gossip girl
  • fabulous shoes
  • 80's power ballads
  • singing my heart out in my car on a long road trip when the golden pipes are really warmed up
  • lily of the valley
  • when my ipod is psychic
  • Husband's spontaneous "i love yous", hugs & kisses
  • Smiles from strangers
  • yoga
  • thunderstorms
  • the first scent of autumn in the airl
  • being near the ocean
  • open sunroofs
  • secret single behavior (like ice cream for dinner)
  • fresh flowers at home
  • campfires
  • chick flicks
  • coming across something inspiring
  • driving across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge while listening to a Beach Mix on the radio
  • interior design
  • watching “Sex and the City" on DVD for hours at a time
  • naps
  • road trips
  • getting cards in the mail
  • pretty stationery
  • eating cotton candy
  • brand new boxes of crayons
  • the smell of fresh laundry
  • a fresh pedicure
  • massages
  • a dishwasher & a washer/dryer- luxury items that we don't have
  • good dark chocolate
  • dinners outside in the summer
  • late night gigglefests
  • climbing into a bed made with fresh sheets
  • writing my name with a sparkler
  • snowflakes so big you can catch them on your tongue
  • hearing a song that brings back a good memory
  • seeing a star filled sky
  • running further/working out harder than I thought I could

What about you? What are the little things that make you happy?

1 comment:

  1. - Freshly brewed coffee (full sensory experience)
    - Random baby laughter at 2 a.m.
    - The open road
    - novels (adolescent literature)
    - campfires
    - muppets
    - bicycling
    - board games (e.g. Risk, monopoly, etc)
    - lightning bugs in corn fields
    - Amy's blog
    - etc.,

    ReplyDelete